ING. EDUARDO FIGUEROA, MBA
Business Consultant & Public Speaker
Hispanic Business Consultants
More than 20 years experience
Eduardo Figueroa holds a Masters Degree in Business Administration from the Instituto Panamericano de Alta Dirección de Empresas (IPADE) and a Chemical Industrial Engineering Degree from the National Polytechnic Institute, both in Mexico City.
He is the founder of Hispanic Business Consultants and one of the few bilingual individuals dedicated to teaching individuals to become better employees, supervisors, and managers through special, tailor-made programs in Spanish that he offers to a variety of companies on a regular basis, both in the USA and Mexico. He also teaches Hispanic entrepreneurs how to start up and grow a business.
- With over twenty years of experience, Eduardo has become a Latino business specialist by training and mentoring supervisors, leads, salespeople, and managers. An array of well-known corporations have hired Eduardo for employee training, where he has conducted over 250 classes, workshops and seminars on topics such as self-empowerment, leadership, management, conflict resolution, sexual harassment, sales, customer service and other subjects, both in USA and Mexico.
- As for entrepreneurial training, he has developed 60 seminars and conducted over 300 classes and workshops – with more than 12,000 attendees – on themes ranging from personal motivation to how to start a business, marketing, finance, accounting, and business plans.
- While working as a bilingual business consultant at the Small Business Development Center in Santa Ana, he assisted 2,000 clients on a one-on-one basis in individual consultations. He helped small business owners to prepare their business plans, resulting in over $2,500,000.00 in SBA loans.
- To help educate the Latino community in Southern California, Eduardo has obtained various grants from the following organizations: $90,000 from the Orange County Workforce Investment Board in 2000; $45,000 from the WORKS Center in Santa Ana in 2001; $75,000 (in conjunction with the Delhi Community Center) from the Empowerment Zone of Santa Ana in 2002-2003; and $100,000 from Wells Fargo in 2004 and for 2005.
- He has presented his business courses and seminars through such organizations as the University of Southern California (USC), the Gary Center of La Habra, the Delhi Community Center in Santa Ana, the Inland Empire Small Business Development Center, Crystal Cathedral, Santa Ana W/O/R/K Center, Santa Ana College, Rancho Santiago College, Orange County Business Council, Orange Children and Parents Together, the Minority Business Development Center, Cámara de Empresarios Latino-Americanos, La Opinion Newspaper and various Hispanic Chambers of Commerce throughout Southern California.
- Conducted 14 TV programs (30-min. each) in Tele-Impacto a Digital TV channel.
- He helped create 12 business segments for TV Channel 52 “Telemundo” (a Spanish language station) to inform and educate the community as to how to be successful in business.
- He is also an instructor for the Premier FastTrac I and FastTrac II in Spanish, a national entrepreneurial training program offered through the Kauffman Foundation to educate small business owners.
- Eduardo gives back to the community by volunteering on different Non-profit boards, such as the Cámara de Empresarios Latino Americanos, Santa Ana Public School Foundation, Santa Ana Workforce Investment Board, and a High School entrepreneurial program. He has also presented free seminars to the general public as wells as too high school and college students.
- 1980-1982: Masters Degree in Business Administration from the IPADE, a graduate institute affiliated with Harvard Business School in Mexico City
- 1974-1979: Chemical Industrial Engineering Degree from the Instituto Politécnico Nacional (National Polytechnic Institute) in Mexico City
SPECIAL TRAINING COURSES
- Outstanding customer service course
- Strategic planning
- Leadership courses
- Professional sales training
- Sexual harassment prevention training
- Public speaking course
- Association for Talent Development
- National Human Resources Association
- Cámara de Empresarios Latino Americanos
2006 – The Orange County President Council recognized him at BIZCON2006, with the “Business Person of the Year Award.” – The Orange County Hispanic Chamber of Commerce awarded Eduardo as the member of the year at the “Estrella Award Dinner.” – Eduardo was listed as one of the 50 Hispanic men more influential in Orange County.
2005 – National Society of Hispanics with MBA’s awarded Eduardo the “Brillante Award” as the business person of the year for his involvement in developing a better Latino Community.
2003 – The Small Business Financial Development Corporation (a state loan guarantee program) awarded Eduardo for his outstanding work helping the Latino community.
2002 – Hispanic Training Center, Inc. gave him a special “Award of Excellence” for his outstanding commitment, dedication, and inspirational leadership.
2001 – The Orange County Hispanic Chamber of Commerce gave him a special “Education Award” recognition.
1999 – The Hispanic Chamber of Commerce of Orange County nominated him as the recipient of the “Ethics in America Award” from the Passkeys Foundation and Chapman University.
1997 – The Small Business Administration honored Eduardo with the “Minority Small Business Advocate of 1997” Award. LULAC (League of United Latin American Citizens) gave him special recognition for his “outstanding contribution” to the Hispanic business community in Southern California.
- “Liderazgo para el éxito” (Leadership for success), A personal and leadership development program in Spanish
- “Supervisor Eficaz” (Effective Leadership), an online supervisory program in Spanish.
- More than 24 training session in Spanish, with themes on leadership, customer service, sales and sexual harassment prevention training
- “Mi Empresa Exitosa” (My Successful Business), a unique entrepreneurial home study course, in Spanish
- Two 24-hr. courses: “Mi Empresa Exitosa” (My Successful Business) and “ Creciendo Mi Empresa Exitosa (Expanding My Successful Business), divided into eight three-hour sessions, including handouts
- “Todos Podemos Lograr Lo Que Queramos” (We Can All Get What We Want), motivational audio (60 min.)
- More than 20 business and motivational articles published in various Spanish-language newspapers, including the business section of “La Opinion” newspaper, and in several magazines
- “¿Quién se llevó a mi cliente? (Who stole my client?). A self-published book in Spanish and English