Sexual Harassment, Sexual Orientation & Abusive Conduct Prevention Training
Presented in Person in Spanish at Your Site or Live Webinar
Avoid an expensive and stressful lawsuit.
Comply with the law, train all your employees ASAP!
WHY ONE SHOULD TALK ABOUT SEXUAL HARASSMENT
- TRAINING REQUIRED BY LAW: It’s illegal, a form of discrimination.
- It impedes good productivity, teamwork, and positive worker morale.
- Increases high turn-over and damages the company’s reputation, sales and earnings.
- The average cost of a lawsuit/claim is of $150,000, in some cases millions of dollars.
LAW REQUIREMENT (SB1343) – California
Department of Fair Employment and Housing – California
- Employers with five (5) or more employees must train Supervisors and employees.
- The Supervisors class must be at least two (2) hours, and the employees class must be one (1) hour.
- The training must be in the language that is the employee’s primary language.
- Starting 1/1/20 new employees/supervisors must be trained within six (6) months of been hired.
- We recommend that upper-management / owners take a class
OUR PROGRAMS ARE EFFECTIVE
Our programs are effective because they are adapted and designed for bilingual and bi-cultural Hispanics employees.
Our teaching techniques include practical lectures, exercises, games, motivation, self-esteem exercises, real-case analysis and immediate application, both in the workplace and in the personal lives of participants.
Another important component of the effectiveness of our training is the immediate rapport that our experienced trainer, Eduardo Figueroa, develops with participants, managers, and others involved in the decision-making process.
Topic covered for employees: ( 1 1/4 hour)
- What it is sexual harassment – sample cases
- What is sexual orientation – sample cases
- What is bulling – sample cases
- How to prevent it
- What to do in case of been harassed
- Short test
- One Spanish training video lessons (1 ¼ hours)
- Access for 30 days
- Unlimited number of participants
- Tests, handouts & list of participants in Spanish & English
SEXUAL HARASSMENT TRAINING IS MANDATORY BY LAW
Sexual harassment training is mandatory by law for all organizations, but the most important goal is to create a safe and harassment-free environment for all employees.
This training session will review what constitutes sexual harassment and abusive conduct prevention in the workplace and develop the skills necessary for a positive and safe work environment.
This training program is particularly important in the case of a new supervisor from another country with a different cultural background and language and needs training done in their preferred language.
Analysis of real situations
EXAMPLES OF SEXUAL HARASSMENT
Employment Law – Sexual Harassment: Plaintiff, a 36-year old female, claimed she was sexually harassed by her supervisor, a long-term employee, for a period of one year. The alleged sexual harassment included the defendant supervisor making verbal sexual comments, sexual explicit suggestions and sexual advances. Plaintiff complained to her supervisor and sued for sexual harassment and hostile work environment.
Result: Jury verdict in favour of Plaintiff for $432,500.00.
Employment Law – Sexual Harassment: Plaintiff, female, sued her employer for gender discrimination, harassment, and retaliation. Plaintiff had complained, some years earlier, regarding sexual harassment she had experienced at work. After her complaints, she was denied a promotion and that position was given to a male. Additionally, Plaintiff claimed that she was the victim of retaliation for her sexual harassment complaint, including harassing remarks.
Result: $175,000 settlement in favor of plaintiff.
Cases courtesy of www.eeoc.gov