Many things steal our time and drain our effort despite our great intents. Keep productivity in the forefront of your mind. Plan your month, week and days so that you can stay on target.
1. Assess what important things needs to be accomplished in the upcoming month.
2. Break these items down into weekly increments using a priority scale (what must get first, what is the least important, what has little or no impact on others).
3. Use the items identified for each week and map out a plan of action. Again use a priority scale.
4. Once that is accomplished, break down the items into daily activities. Be realistic and do not overburden yourself or undermine the things that needs to be accomplished.
5. Schedule timelines for each activity. You could use project management tools or simply use a small self designed chart to track your activities.
6. Make sure that you plan on the unexpected…. In other words leave time in your schedule for things that are unpredicted or placed on you by someone else.
7. Be flexible… You might need to alter your plans.
8. Have a back plan even if it is conceptual.
9. Now go ex.ecute and measure your level of productivity.